Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More eggs, simple salsa, tomato-kale sandwich and leftovers

Breakfast was a little more thought out as I had been laying in bed thinking of what I could do. I had the word bruchetta stuck in my head but was wanting Mexican food. Therefore I came up with our breakfast. Popped 2 pieces of bread in the toaster as the frying pan heated up. Fried my two eggs over easy. Sounds nice and simple, just an egg and it's toast. I took it further. After the toast was done, I sprinkled shredded cheese so it would melt some and then I mixed up a little salsa and topped the cheese with that and then the egg to crown it. Here's the recipe I used for just enough for two slices of bread:

Half a tomato, diced
two slices of onion, diced
small handful of cilantro, chopped roughly
a splash of lime juice
1/2 tsp salt

Mix it all in a bowl, I smashed the tomatoes some to help it be juicier. It's very bright and refreshing to the pallet since it is so fresh.

I wanted a snack between breakfast and lunch and so I fixed a half sandwich. I sliced off a piece of tomato, grabbed a handful of kale and a slice of cheese. Folded the bread and it was such a good sandwich that's what I decided to fix for our lunch. Of course you can't just have a sandwich that nice by itself so I fixed the rest of the green beans like I did before in the oven. I added a little diced onion but there was no difference than if I had just sprinkled onion powder so if you have sensitive-to-onion-eyes like I do, it's ok to use onion powder.

Dinner had us with leftover black bean burger again, I had a crazy idea of trying black bean meatballs. I'll let you know if I figure it out, I'm thinking it would need to be deep fried and cooked fast and then pat the oil off the outside. I'll experiment, I promise! Sorry, no pictures today :(

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment