This isn't my first time to blog, but it is my first dedicated to food. My husband and I both grew up eating fruits and veggies (fresh and canned) and meat and processed foods and fast food just about like everyone else in America. After we married and moved into our house, I would take him to work, watch food network till 5 and then start doing my chores. I'd fix dinner at 7 and we would eat at 8. As he works the night shift and used to get longer breaks at midnight than he does now, I would fix a snack and we would eat it on his break. Then I'd fix dinner at 2 some times or after I had picked him up at 2:30 or 3. These days he just calls me at home and we talk for a little while and he goes back to work, no snack from home.
Now that we are in our mid-20s, we have both lost a set of grandparents and witness illness in other family members and have both silently agreed that we should begin a quest of healthiness. For a couple years now we have been taking Mannatech products as they have the glyconutrients that everyone needs for cells to grow and communicate properly thus helping the body function as it should. We have also watched a couple documentary videos on Netflix about how certain fats from meat help promote cancer growth in our cells. I know I don't want cancer, I can't think of anyone that wants it. So up the veggies and fruit for us and cut back on how much meat we eat. For the past week the only meat I have cooked was bacon. I have a whole chicken in the freezer as well as some chicken breast cutlets. I don't know when I'm going to use them now as if I talk about cooking meat my husband gets this look on his face that I don't know how to describe. I know I get urges to fix a ham sandwich, I don't know if my husband gets cravings for meat like I do but I'm glad these cravings don't come all the time.
I'm not a professional photographer, most of the time pictures will be taken from my cell phone in to go containers that I reuse to take lunch to my husband at work. I'm not an elegant presenter of food on plates, I just put it on cause I'm not out to impress. Anyhow, I hope my recipes I post help you with ideas of what to eat and that you will start your own quest of healthiness and better eating.
God bless,
T
No comments:
Post a Comment